This weekend was the Bristol Balloon festival (no pics of balloons I'm afraid) and it was hot!
Its the first time this year I got to wear my vintage straw hat, sit in the sunshine and enjoy some local cider. Mmm
Jon, my hubby really wanted a cookie and after much searching we didn't find any so i made some at home! They are sooooo good!
I found the recipe on pinterest - be warned, if you go on there for recipes you WILL become indicted.
Heres the recipe for New York Times Cookies (with UK measurements) :
480g of plain flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
250g unsalted butter
285g light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla flavouring
450g chocolate - I used 3 quarters milk, 1 quarter dark
- Mix the flour, baking powder & soda and salt in a bowl. Put to one side.
- Cream the butter with the sugars.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time
- Stir in the vanilla
- add the dry ingredients
- add chocolate pieces
- preheat oven to 170C
- pop palm sized cookie balls onto a baking tray - give them a little space to spread out while baking
- bake for 10-15 mins. EAT!
Hope you had a fab weekend and enjoy the end of the Olympics, post to come soon!