The biscuit is like a shortbread but crumblier, with a sprinkling of freeze dried raspberries added to the mix for a little fruity touch. I decorated them with white chocolate, pink and green coloured chocolate, violet glitter gel and of course, LOTS OF EDIBLE GLITTER!
- 250g softened butter
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of freeze dried raspberries
- White Chocolate for decoration
- Pink, green and blue (to make aqua) and black food colouring for decoration
- Edible glitter
Mix and 1/2 cup of caster sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, then add and and briefly beat to combine. Sift over 2 1/2 cups of plain flourand stir until the mixture is well combined – you might need to get your hands in at the end to give everything a really good mix and press the dough together. Add the 1/4 cup of freeze dried raspberries and your ready to roll! I also added some edible glitter just for fun.
Melt your white chocolate and once its cooled, pipe around the edge of the unicorn design and with the back of a teaspoon, spread the chocolate evenly.
Add some of the the pink and aqua (blue and green) food colouring to your white chocolate to create coloured tails, manes and of course the horn!
I also used violet glitter gel and edible glitter for that extra bit of sparkle that all unicorns need.
I wasn't sure how I was going to do the eyes but in the end I went with using a skewer to make the closed eyes design and then I dipped the skewer into some black food colouring to fill the groove. I'm really happy with the result.
Heres some other tasty looking biscuit recipes made by the lovely Great Blogger Bake Off bloggers:
- Classic Cookies by Mumma told me so
- White Chocolate Millionaires Shortbread by Briar Rose
- Ginger Nut Biscuits by Just Like Heaven
- Dark Chocolate and Orange Viennese Biscuits
- Florentines by Blood, Sweat and Heels
- Avocado Chocolate Cookies by A Floral Crown
- Bourbons by isayimposterista
- Cherry Shortbread Hearts by Daisies and DMs
- Chai Sandwich Biscuits with Toasted Marshmallow Filling by Hannah Bakes Things
- Triple Chocolate Cookies by The Goodowl
- Chewy Flourless Rocky Road Cookies by Cocktails in Teacups
Fancy some more baking? Take a look at my other Great Blogger Bake Off recipes here:
- Week 1 - Classic Marbled Vanilla Cake with Homemade Lemon Curd, Chocolate Frosting AND Vanilla Sour Cream Frosting
Next week is bread week and I do not have high hopes. Theres a reason I used to have a bread maker!